Friday, February 5, 2016

Compassion: Lesson 1 | Day 5

“Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.” Psalm 42:5

Take some time and think about the things that bring trouble, stress, and pain into your life. Think about the things coming up today, this week, and this month that have the potential to get you upset, down, or brokenhearted. 
  • Where are you looking for help during these times? 
  • What are you doing to ease or mask the hurt? Is it working? Why or why not? 

Now think about what it would look like if you looked to the Lord during these times and in these situations. Go over in your head how you would do that. Mentally prepare yourself to run to God instead of anyone or anything else.

Take a moment and pray that God would guide you to look to him as you face these struggles.

No comments:

Post a Comment