Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Jesus & Tough Times: Lesson 2 | Devotion 2

“I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry. He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand . . . Do not withhold your mercy from me, O LORD; may your love and your truth always protect me. For troubles without number surround me; my sins have overtaken me, and I cannot see. They are more than the hairs of my head, and my heart fails within me.” Psalm 40:1-2, 11-12

Have you ever felt like the guy who wrote the psalm above?

Sometimes our troubles are so many we can’t even count them. We can’t even see because it seems like everything is going horrible wrong. Our courage to face a new day is spent. It’s during these times we beg God to be with us. All we can do is ask Him to show us His love and steady our feet on the road as we go forward. In short, sometimes all we have is to cling to Him that He will be with us no matter what.

Something To Think About...
  • Do you believe (like the guy who wrote the Psalm) that God will be at your side to get you through the tough times? Why or why not? 
  • Read the rest of Psalm 40. What are you doing like the Psalmist to hold onto God during your bad times?

No comments:

Post a Comment